Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nursing career path?

I am trying to become a prenatal/neonatal nurse. I have one year of school left from a UC, and am considering taking some classes at a cc to transfer into a good nursing school. What I am worried about is my ability to sustain a cash generating income to get me through life while I'm at a community college. Are there any jobs that I work at while trying to get my credits?
Answer:
The life of a student is a rough one. I relied heavily on financial aid and loans; I think that's what gets most students through. At this point in your life, you can't expect to get a job that pays top dollar. You don't have your degree yet. I would absolutely try to get some financial aid or take out a loan. When you are worried about cash flow, your studies suffer. A part-time job is about all you can handle when you are a full-time student. Try to get a job in a hospital as a nursing assistant or a unit secretary. This will look really good on your resume and get you some medical experience. That's how I worked my way through nursing school. Good luck!
You could get a roommate, if you know someone you can get along with. And you could maybe work parttime as a nurse's aide or in a warehouse...and there are student loans...you can go parttime to school and get fulltime money..poor credit status is not applicable to stop you from getting a loan...keep in mind if you are older, that there is age discrimination in nursing as in other fields..
I don't know where you stand academically, but look at what you have left to be able to become an LPN. You will never have a shortage of jobs to choose from, and it will help you in your studies, as well as giving you the inside scoop when it comes to your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Smoking © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net