Sunday, October 25, 2009

Night Terrors?

Ive been having them since the age of about 15 and Im now almost 24 I wasnt sure what they were until my housemate at uni looked it up for me coz he handled many of my night terrors. I see spider like creatures coming toward me and i leap out of bed in a frenzy/sweat and turn the light on. Sometimes I scream. Does anyone else experience this?
Answer:
Maybe some troubling things happened in your life when you were about 15, I wondered..my son gets bad nightmares and sensations similar to what you describe, especially when he is trying to go off to sleep. We are believers in Jesus, and telling the "stuff" to leave him alone in the name of the Lord does really work.

If you don't want to try that, I did see some interesting programmes on BBC TV late at night a few weeks ago about a department at Papworth Hospital (Cambridge UK) where they deal specifically with sleep problems like this, tho I they are a last resort for many and must have a long waiting list.

I hope you find the peace you need!
most toddlers experience this, maybe its just a phase. think of something nicer. are spiders really that bad?
does it happen when you're asleep, if so get a dream catcher and hang it above your bed.
I have had nite terros as long as i can remember and im 20..Do you have add or are u left handed because these are known to have special abilitys. Ive had so many nite terrors that theres nothin in the real world that scares me. So i wouldnt think of it as a problem
My husband had a reoccurring nightmare. He would start moaning then almost screaming. I would wake him up and ask what he was dreaming about. He would only remember that someone or something was chasing him. My guess is you may have been frightened by spiders when you were a kid.
Look it up in some of the dream books (or on line). It'll tell you what the spiders mean. Wish you well.
Not like that, but re-current dreams can sometimes mean something. Look into the dreams books that are available. I have dreamt that my teeth fall out on so many occasions, that it has lead to an obsessiveness of dental hygiene (my own paranoia).

I personally do not beleive in dreams - they happen in a strange relation to your subconcious
No you are different. which is good ,when you are in the jungle , but don't be fooled by their cute little legs and webs they can be dangerous even in this country. hope that puts your mind at rest for a good nights sleep.
I read this in one of my pyshcology books, it really works but no knows why.

right before you go to bed, take a raw garlic clove and rub it on the bottoms of your feet and put socks on. now go to sleep. yea I know it sounds like voodoo / witchcraft but try it, it really works.
Night terros are a sympton of child molestation. If you were abused as child, seek counseling. Good luck.
wow. i just watched the movie "boogeyman" and i think im seeing a serious connection here.lol jkjk. ummm.u r kind of old 4 that type of thing. u should try not eating b4u go to bed and dont watch any scary movies. try not to think about it. sounds to me like u just have arachnaphobia (fear of spiders)
i use to be like this all the time, i discovered however. the only time when i had a real bad dream was if i ate cheese before sleeping, i mean like 5 hrs before u go sleep. it does sound strange but it works for me... just remember if u had cheese or not every time u get these nightmares
I cant help but good luck. I think you are taking longer growing out of it.
Maybe try your doctor, he might recommend someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Smoking © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net