Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nurses in England?

hi, I am italian and I'm studying nursing in my country...I heard that in England nurses can give medicines to patients...is that true? and how long must a person study to become a nurse in your country (I mean a "general" one)?
thank you very much and I also apologize for my english that is not so good...
Answer:
It takes three or four years of study to become a nurse. You study part in a university and part in the hospital and other health care institutes.
To be able to prescribe drugs, you need to undertake a further period of study. The type of drugs you can prescribe is very restricted. Some nurse prescribers work in a family doctor practice but others work in a hospital setting.
You might find this website useful

http://www.nursingintheuk.co.uk/...
this will answer everything for you

www.becominganurse.co.uk
I am a Student Nurse in the UK.
Yes as long as you are training to be a registered nurse, or are a registered nurse you can give medications.
I am now at the end of the course and it is 3 years long altogether.

There are no jobs for us British nurses as the moment mind, so you probably have no chance of getting one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Smoking © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net