Sunday, October 25, 2009

Not able to breathe without thinking about it...?

Im not able to breathe at all without thinking about it. I keep taking in deep, deep breaths and my friends have been watching me when im not paying attention, and realized im not breathing properly. I went to the hospital this morning and they said I was perfectly healthy. And it also feels like im not getting enough oxygen to my head because I've been having extreme headaches. I still dont understand why im doing this. It's like I cant breathe at all without telling myself to. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Answer:
I noticed that i did that for the first time when i was pretty young. as i got older, i had certain times when i wouldnt be able to get "that" deep breath that i needed and i thought i was dying. so twice i went to the emergency room twice, i was perfectly fine and was getting exactly the right amount of oxygen. finally, it was determined that it was panic attacks and anxiety.i dont take medication, though i have in the past, its not something i want to deal with everyday, so i just deal with it on my own, which can be a ***** sometimes. i find that if you are having trouble, just turn your mind somewhere else for a second and you will be able to take your deep breath, or forcing a yawn helps too.
i think you need to relax. take a bubble bath or soemthing ps help me too its only fair!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...
Just curious. Do you have any other obsessive compulsive traits, like counting things or washing your hands or whatever.
I used to have that whole breathing issue and figured out it was an OCD/anxiety thing and it went away. Believe me, if you stop breathing your body will react by passing out or you will take a breath. Also, do you have sleep apnea at night?

Hope I can help.
Did you explain to the doctor what was happening? You can be perfectly healthy and still have a problem with your breathing.

You may be imagining this problem since you obviously keep breathing while you are asleep because you wake up the next morning. Good luck. Pops
Sounds like you have created your own bad dream and its become obsessive. You need to calm down. Talk more, chew gum, dance, do things that keep you from thinking about breathing.
By the way, you are breathing as you read this. Pretty cool.
sounds like you're having panic attacks of some sort. are you stressed out a lot? breathing is automatic, like your heart beat. so in other words if you stop breathing because you aren't ''thinking about it'' eventually you will pass out and your autonomic nervous system will take over and make you start breathing again. the human body is an amazing thing.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I noticed this is associated with anxiety, because it makes the heart feel like its pumping harder.

The problem is your thought process, you must be an overthinker. Try sports and the gym, and keeping yourself busy and preoccupied. Your brain will start to attune to whatever it is you are doing, even if its nothing, and you will no longer think about it anymore.

The next time you find yourself thinking about how you are breathing, start tapping a drumbeat with your fingers, and bob your head and move your body to the rythym. It will help take your mind off of it.
I think it may be an Anxiety/OCD thing too I know myself I sometimes i find at moment i can kind of like hold my breath for ages and not feel a need to catch up after it. and sometimes feel as though you can take as many deep breaths as you want and not feel like its working. Anxiety can cause many weird things. I kind of think maybe its like a reduced form of a panic attack. so the more you think of it the worse and more frequent it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Smoking © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net